Chocolate Whipped Coconut Parfait
- 2 cans chilled full-fat coconut milk (14 ounces each), chilled
- ¼ cup powdered sugar*
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 package bare Chocolate Coconut Chips
- The evening before making the recipe, place the cans of coconut milk in the refrigerator so they are cold throughout by the time you want to use them.
- Open the cans of coconut milk carefully, being carefully not to shake them. Scoop out the thick, white cream and place it in the bowl of a stand mixer. Store the clear coconut milk in the refrigerator for another use.
- Using the whisk attachment, beat the coconut cream on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the powdered sugar and beat for an additional 1-2 minutes or until it is smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl, as needed.
- Remove ½ of the sweetened cream and set it aside. Add the cacao powder to the remaining coconut cream and beat it for 30 seconds or until all of the powder is incorporated in.
- Divide the chocolate cream between two glass cups or bowls. Top it with the white coconut cream. Sprinkle with coconut chips and serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings.
*1/4 cup powdered sugar adds just a touch of sweetness. Add more sugar, if desired, for a sweeter dessert.